Monday, November 4, 2013

A Monster Mash with Style and Grace

Hmmmm, what to do on Halloween....
Meeting my new neighbors has been quite a challenge!!!  We've lived in our new apartment, surrounded by three other apartments for the last 4 months and we've only just introduced ourselves to the gals across the hall:/  So as Halloween drew near I developed a mighty cute plan:) A week before the big night I slipped an invitation onto each apartments door handle, inviting the neighbors over for fancy eats and yummy drinks:)



For the menu, I would start my guests with a spread of goat cheese, blueberry stilton, rosemary manchego and local blue cheese served up with dried cranberries, candied walnuts, local farm honey and pistachios.  For the main, I'd prepare a turkey breast in the crock pot with an onion and cranberry dressing, sweet potato and honey glazed carrots.  Dessert would include my made from scratch chocolate hazelnut cupcakes with homemade chocolate and hazelnut glaze, topped with crushed hazelnuts:)  YUMMY!!!!



For drinking I decided on a few different wines, a combination of whites and reds and a selection of bottled beers:)  Festive party crackers make a delightful, no calorie treat, but we also included some KIT KATS;)



Adding glimmer lights to your table is sure to add a twinkling glow to any display, especially your cupcake tower!



And be sure to dress up in your Halloween best!  My top picks, a tutu skirt from Anthropologie paired with black and white striped tights a precious Halloween apron and an itty bitty witches cap (minus the witch):)


Needless to say, our guests arrived promptly at 7pm, we got to know one another and I believe we've met some fabulous new friends:)
Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving your comments!